Grant Gives 5 Schools Band Programs + Hiring News + Hawks Season
Arise and shine, Atlanta! Here’s everything you need to know to get a good start on Tuesday.
First, the weather forecast for the day:
Showers and more violent thunderstorm. High: 69 Low: 64.
Here are the best stories today in Atlanta:
- A Donation of $ 15,500 will allow five Atlanta public elementary schools To launch group programs. The donation was made by Huber Engineered Materials based in Atlanta, is part of JM Huber Corporation, To Give A Note Foundation, which provides assistance to public school music education programs from Kindergarten to Grade 12 nationwide. HEM’s contribution, in support of the company’s “Huber Helps” program, will be used to purchase new percussion equipment in Beecher Hills, Cascade, Miles, West Manor and Peyton Forest elementary schools. None of the schools previously had a music program in place. (metroatlantaceo.com)
- Job seekers take note: Hiring events happen to a variety of Atlanta metro companies doing big hires in October. Available positions include leadership, full-time, part-time and seasonal jobs in a variety of fields. (Free: Eventbrite; Subscription: The Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- Preoccupied by COVID and the Atlanta hawks? Players will launch the regular season 21st of October fully vaccinated. As for preseason games like tomorrow night’s home opener against the Cleveland Cavaliers at State Farm Arena, the team is just below the 100% vaccination target, according to Hawks president of basketball operations Travis Schlenk. “We have a player who is going to get his second shot next week,” said Schlenk, “so bbefore the start of the regular season we will be fully vaccinated, and obviously all staff are vaccinated. “(Atlanta Patch)
- Street art lovers know a lot of that of Atlanta unbelievable murals are easy to spot because they are in high traffic areas. Some of the city’s most incredible murals, however, are nestled in out of the way places. Leave him treasure hunt for hidden Street art to start. (Free: Streetartmap.org; Subscription: Atlanta Journal Constitution)
- A Georgia House Committee consider taking a closer look at a proposal to make Buckhead his own town. State Sen. Brandon Beach, Alpharetta, sponsored legislation which would allow Buckhead residents to vote on separation from Atlanta and create their own city. If the bill goes ahead, residents could vote on the split in November 2022. (FOX 5 Atlanta)
today Atlanta Daily is brought to you by Newrez, one of the nation’s leading mortgage lenders. Whether you want to lower your interest rate or consolidate your debt, now is a great time to consider refinancing. Make the right choice for your future and refinance with Newrez today. Call 844-979-1707 to get in touch with a Newrez loan officer. Newrez, LLC (NMLS # 3013)
- Atlanta Humanitarian Society: “Shhhh… no one tells Bear he just missed the Summer Olympics! Can you believe the jumps on this cutie though ?!” (Facebook)
- Government of the City of Atlanta: “As part of our #AgLanta work to advance access to fresh food, we’re only 10% off our goal of access to fresh food for 85% of all Atlanta residents. #OneAtlanta #EquityInAction #Georgiagrown “(Facebook)
- City of Atlanta – Mayor’s Office of Cultural Affairs: “October is National Arts and Humanities Month! Tomorrow is day four, focused on the social media theme “six word story”. Here are some easy ways to promote National Arts and Humanities Month in your community. ” (Facebook)
- Atlanta Department of Watershed Management: “Be part of the solution. Place wipes in the trash every time. No wipes are designed to be rinsed. For more information, visit: https: //atlantawatershed.org/n … #NoWipesInPipes” (Facebook)
- MARTA: “REMINDER: the federal mandate still requires the wearing of face masks at all times during public transport, including inside stations, buses, trains and streetcars. Customers who refuse to wear a mask are subject to a 12-hour suspension from … “(Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are officially in the loop for today! I’ll see you soon. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing more friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Kathy cioffi
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Atlanta Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.